• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Paragon Las Vegas

Register to hide this ad
Something ain't right.. they are giving it away for free at that price... They go for 10 grand or more usually... especially in that condition..
 
I would buy that.I mean, like, right now. Anybody want to do a road trip? (bring a fork lift please).
 
Ooh, ooh, let me get right on that.

Same ad in Denver, Houston,... Chicago, the list grows.

Send him all your e-mail addy's!
 
If it's in Denver too I flagged it spam/overpost... It can't be real at that price... Must be fishing for e-mails..
 
Something ain't right.. they are giving it away for free at that price... They go for 10 grand or more usually... especially in that condition..

Yep fishy they are, in fact a recent listing that I looked at yesterday out of Pasadena is looking for 17K! Probably legit, but no photos to look at.

Ooh, ooh, let me get right on that.

Same ad in Denver, Houston,... Chicago, the list grows.

Send him all your e-mail addy's!

Yep, they are getting flagged just as fast as they are being posted up!

Here are photo's of the beauties for posterity purposes.

3nf3p23la5Oa5Pa5R0a338a7ea01ce545103d.jpg
3n03k13l45O25T85Paa33a38a1836411810c8.jpg
3m13o53p95Of5Tb5P9a33578ab293da991860.jpg


Regards,
Mike
 


Yep fishy they are, in fact a recent listing that I looked at yesterday out of Pasadena is looking for 17K! Probably legit, but no photos to look at.



Yep, they are getting flagged just as fast as they are being posted up!

Here are photo's of the beauties for posterity purposes.

3nf3p23la5Oa5Pa5R0a338a7ea01ce545103d.jpg
3n03k13l45O25T85Paa33a38a1836411810c8.jpg
3m13o53p95Of5Tb5P9a33578ab293da991860.jpg


Regards,
Mike

I just flagged the Vegas posting what a clown.
 
Same ad in L.A. CL. I sent my email and cell phone number. I'm expecting spam and cold calls. This is my punishment for thinking about the BIG SCORE.
 
The seller is knowledgeable enough to mention the low serial number, but doesn't know the true value of the piece? Red Flag!.

Dave
 
Would the "NR" not be enough of a clue to tell you the entire text and photos were stolen from an Ebay ad?
 
I don't understand the point of this guy posting the same, false ad in various locales. How is it a scam? How will he make money? If I contact the guy and say I'm local, either he'll invite me over for a viewing or he'll temporize. If he does the latter it's obviously a scam. I don't see his angle here. What am I missing?
 
I don't understand the point of this guy posting the same, false ad in various locales. How is it a scam? How will he make money? If I contact the guy and say I'm local, either he'll invite me over for a viewing or he'll temporize. If he does the latter it's obviously a scam. I don't see his angle here. What am I missing?

All they want is proven e-mail addresses... sell them to other scammers, use it to spam to etc and so forth.. they make money off selling addresses, and money from each e-mail they send to a valid address.. not to mention how much scammers will pay for an address that is proven to bite on something obvious.. Another use is to send trojans to in hopes you open it and infect your machine.. I think you know what they can do from there.. .
 
A friend of mine from college days lugged these(Paragons) from Ohio as he was a JBL fan from way back. I listened but was never awestruck even though he marveled at them. Even as a fledgling listener these sounded hollow and one dimensional.
Today I look upon these as historical relics with nice modern furniture stylings and $$$$ value but they still sound "old".
I had a recent experience with a pair of JBL Hartsfields and was dumbfounded at how flat they sounded. To be fair maybe it was the set up, but I doubt it.
 
A friend of mine from college days lugged these(Paragons) from Ohio as he was a JBL fan from way back. I listened but was never awestruck even though he marveled at them. Even as a fledgling listener these sounded hollow and one dimensional.
Today I look upon these as historical relics with nice modern furniture stylings and $$$$ value but they still sound "old".
I had a recent experience with a pair of JBL Hartsfields and was dumbfounded at how flat they sounded. To be fair maybe it was the set up, but I doubt it.


Yep... I've heard one of these before too and felt the same way.
 
Back
Top Bottom