• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Paragon in Las Vegas...

Sonance'84

moe.ron
Subscriber
No affiliation. Th pictures don't appear to be stolen from the internet.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/jbl-paragon/6516198709.html

"JBL Paragon

All original JBLParagon with 150 4c woofers, 375 drivers, 075, N 400 and N7000.
super rare Premium color and is original.
Cabinets is in good condition"

00g0g_iw50uqeLX3_1200x900.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Some lucky person got this as part of an estate sale, knows it's worth money, but not sure how much.

If they were a "real" JBL person they'd be telling us the wax seals are present, whether finish is original or not, etc etc.

If this were your holy grail speaker and you're local it'd be worth contacting the guy/gal, maybe. Lots of people are nervous about overseas sales (which is where the big money on these is) so a semi-good deal might be had.

I've actually heard the Paragon - it was a dumpster find by the guitarist in a punk band at college, and can testify that when driven by a Crown DC300 with a boombox tape deck as the source it sounds like ass. But it was loud, and he was happy to have an extra surface to rest cases of Schmidt's Bavarian on.
 
Some lucky person got this as part of an estate sale, knows it's worth money, but not sure how much.

If they were a "real" JBL person they'd be telling us the wax seals are present, whether finish is original or not, etc etc

That's possible. Although I do see 2 other pairs of large speakers in the photos, along with a single cabinet and single JBL driver in the foreground and what appears to be a very nice isolation platform in the middle of the floor.

If you right click the images and click "Search Google for image", nothing comes back, which is rare with stuff like this, in my experience. That's what I meant by the images not appearing to be stolen from an audio based website or forum, which is typical for scammers to do with high-dollar rare items.

So even if he's not a "real" JBL guy and got it from an estate sale, it sure looks like he's in the hobby from the "extras" in the pics. Either way, I'd love to hear the story on it.

That being said, I think his ad could adhere to a few more CL rules than it currently sits.
Definitely not on my radar, just thought I'd put it here for others to see. I've never seen one pop up local before. Last thing close to this was the big ass pair of JBL monitors that came out of the Rivera Hotel showroom before they tore it down a couple years back.
 
Those just popped up in my notifications, they look nice! I could check them out for ya if you'd like. The speakers seem interesting, not really in the market though.
 
Those just popped up in my notifications, they look nice! I could check them out for ya if you'd like. The speakers seem interesting, not really in the market though.

Thanks. I'm not in the market either. Just thought you can make use of them....
 
Not to hijack but, after looking at the Paragon ad, and up one level to electronics in Vegas, two looked promising:

A pair of vintage kit built JBLs for $275: https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/pair-of-jbl-speakers/6522384541.html

Marantz 2270 from original owner with box and manual and after market wood case for $400: https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/marantz-2270-receiver/6522370494.html

Man...wish I was closer to check them out...so Sonance'84 - up to you?? :)

Looking at that speaker (and considering the era JBL did kits) you gotta wonder if there's a D150 and the potato masher horn (Senior moment on model #) in there. Could be a scoe....
 
Those do have me curious...I might have to go check them out. The cab doesn't seem very big though, as it's barely taller than the dresser, but shorter than the mini fridge next to it. :idea:

I put an email in asking dimensions of the cabs. If I get a reply, I'll ask more detailed questions.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom