• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Dual is this?

MacNoob

dazed and confused
And do you suppose this might be a worthwhile pickup just for the TT (as the unit itself is not working)?

$_20.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
It's one of the low-end idler models. If it's under $50 it would be worth getting for the headshell and some other parts.
 
I wouldn't mind having it (I'm a Dual fanboy), but this one has issues. The start/stop switch is stuck. That's not a natural position for that lever on the photo. It's all fixable .
 
That's a surprisingly good-sounding Sony unit. I gave my dad one for his workshop, the TT was already gone when I got it.

EchoWars, it's an underslung square thing.
 
I think that unit is very cool. I remember in 1970 when that style of receiver/tt units were popular the Sony/Dual unit was the best of the ones available. I was quite impressed with it.
 
No counterweight because the arm has only a spring. This model came in several trim levels with either two or four-pole motor and either steel or alloy platter. I have come across them all.
 
Back
Top Bottom