The matching HCA-8500 Mk II preamp is on top, where it should never be placed, but it looks good in photos:

100 w/ch using doubled pairs of the famous 2SJ49 / 2SK134 TO-3 MOSFETs, a headphone output, capacitor and direct inputs, bridgeable, and fortunately for those who have to ship them, no toggles. Ya gotta love the sheer brutal massiveness of the thing. It looks mean.
And best of all (for some), REALLY BIG METERS with spooky-green panel illumination. Good MOSFET sound. Runs really warm (like low on a hair dryer) but not hot. I'll be hunting another one to try this bridging maneuver.
And just as I decide to go the Hitachi route, another PCR800 shows up on That Auction Site...

100 w/ch using doubled pairs of the famous 2SJ49 / 2SK134 TO-3 MOSFETs, a headphone output, capacitor and direct inputs, bridgeable, and fortunately for those who have to ship them, no toggles. Ya gotta love the sheer brutal massiveness of the thing. It looks mean.
And best of all (for some), REALLY BIG METERS with spooky-green panel illumination. Good MOSFET sound. Runs really warm (like low on a hair dryer) but not hot. I'll be hunting another one to try this bridging maneuver.
And just as I decide to go the Hitachi route, another PCR800 shows up on That Auction Site...
Last edited:

