• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

4140

  1. zastin17

    Marantz 4140. Hard Clipping/Chirping at near max output, but only in 2x Channel bridge mode.

    I have had this wonderful old amplfiier for around 8 years. I got it completely factory, and somebody shorted out the lamp circuit. Easy fix luckily!! Worked great after clearing the short. The entire time I've owned the amp, it has had this strange behavior when I set it to 4x channel bridge...
  2. Richs_Trains

    Marantz 4140 random light noise at power up

    Hey all, Haven't been on the site for a while, after my wife passed just kind of fell out of the hobby. Packed all the stuff up and pretty much stopped. But, then a sad looking 4140 came up and I really like that amp, so I bought it. Had to replace to power switch, fuse holder and tape 1...
  3. Richs_Trains

    Marantz 4140 questions

    hey all, I picked up a 4140 that was fairly dirty with lights out and a bent volume knob (the seller broke the plastic out of the inside of the knob so it would 'look' straight). I am pretty fair at mechanical things, but no so much at diagnosing electronic problems. After replacing all the...
  4. Marantz 4140 Quadradial | Kenwood KT-5300

    Marantz 4140 Quadradial | Kenwood KT-5300

    I have not used the Marantz much lately as I do not have enough speakers to get it going in a quad format! This pair is a dynamic duo.
Back
Top Bottom