• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

akai gx-635d

  1. dschulma

    Online Auction Vintage Pioneer, AKAI R2R & More/ Schulman Auction

    Our current online offering features a few vintage Pioneer items, including a very nice SX-1080. Also included is an AKAI GX-635D Reel to Reel deck. The Pioneer LOTS start with LOT 16 here: Pioneer SX-1080 AM/FM Stereo Receiver and run through LOT 22 here: AKAI GX-635D Reel to Reel Deck We...
  2. DJDDay

    Looking for a NEW dust cover for your Akai GX-747 (or 635, 636, 646)? Look no further!

    Found this Etsy seller from Poland who is making brand new polycarbonate dust covers for Akai's GX-747 (and 6XX) series reel to reels. They're not perfect by any stretch, but they're damn close - I picked one up earlier this year and I'm satisfied. Best part is that it accommodates the large...
  3. hertzdonut

    Akai GX-635D custom end panels, with laser engraving

    Not that there's anything wrong with my current end panels, but I've been hankering to make a pair of new ones. I knew that I was staying with Walnut and wanted them a little thicker than 3/4". I also wanted to dress them up just a touch, with some laser engraving. We have an Epilog Mini, and...
  4. hertzdonut

    Apply oil or leave alone? Capstan shaft, Akai GX-635D

    I have this question posted in my thread about my slow-running GX-635D, but I felt this question needs to be in its own thread and hopefully spotted by someone who can answer this question. I've pulled the motor off and it's in good shape, no burns of any kind, so I just cleaned the contact...
  5. hertzdonut

    Akai GX-635D plays, then speed drops way off, forward or reverse

    I had posted this in tapeheads back in January, and received some guidance, but I thought I might throw this out to another audience to see if anyone here has any suggestions. Here's what I posted: .......................... I picked up a GX-635D in pretty nice shape last October, replaced the...
Back
Top Bottom