• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

empire 698

  1. DS Vinyl

    Help needed: Empire 698 needs repaired

    I have an Empire 698 turntable that has a cueing issue (I understand this is a common problem with these units). The cueing lifts, but it is very very slow and makes intermittent contact with the record for about 6 to 8 revolutions before it lifts completely off. I thought I read somewhere...
  2. Chief Brody

    Lots of Sibilance w/ Empire 698 -- Help!

    Hi all, I've had the 698 for several weeks now. Gave it a new drive belt. New motor grommets. It's in excellent condition. I swapped out the stylus to a recommended NOS Empire as the original was worn down to almost nothing. Now, every moment there's something higher pitched, whether it be...
  3. rocknroll1

    SHURE V15 TYPE V MR vs EMPIRE 2000E/III

    first of all will the shure work on my empire 698 TT. Anybody able to compare these 2. I listen mainly to classic rock.
Back
Top Bottom