• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

sansui au-9900

  1. L

    Sansui AU-9900 - Sudden chanel dropout

    Hi Forum, New member here - would appreciate some sparring on a sudden channel dropout on my newly acquired Sansui AU-9900. Unfortunately, I'm no DIY, but nevertheless, I would love to get some insights from the collective genius of you all... The amp is new (to me). Had it for a couple of...
  2. A

    Electrical characteristics of Sansui preamp in/out RCA ports = ?

    Has anybody seen or measured the actual impedance of the input and output RCA ports on any of the 70's Sansui gear? Specifically I wonder about the I/O port characteristics of the AU-9900 and TU-9900 but any info/thoughts on the subject would be interesting. I did some searching but just seem...
  3. Strand

    70's Sansui and Pioneer speaker selection for 9' x 9' music room

    I need some seat-knowledge experts to assist me on selecting 2 sets of speakers to upgrade my speakers. My music room (stereo room) is 9' x 9' and so it is tight... so? The image uploaded shows my core systems of (2) Sansui and (1) Pioneer Amps. Both my Dual 1229's have failed now and I will be...
  4. BilboBaggins

    Oh no! Now what do I do? Sansui AU-9900 or Pioneer SA-9500

    Last year, I found a cosmetically rough Sansui AU-9900. I’ve been getting to know it, and despite its missing a few knobs, it sounds great! And I really like the controls. Today, someone brought me a cosmetically nice Pioneer SA-9500! At first, all I got was noise even with volume turned down...
  5. BilboBaggins

    My love hate relationship with Sansui

    This all started when I first got back into audio, about 8 years ago. I had bought a MAC1900, and then a pair of Celestion Ditton 66 Speakers, and I was...underwhelmed by the sound. So in an attempt to get $1000 sound out of $1000 speakers, I upgraded to a fully restored Sansui 9090...
Back
Top Bottom