• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

sherwood s-5000

  1. I

    Sherwood S-5000 purchase and restoration

    Hi all, As a result of the recommendations from this thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/tube-receiver-sansui-1000a-fisher.921925/page-3#post-14037001 I took a risk on a Sherwood S-5000 II. I received the unit today and trying to assess what I have on my hands. The seller...
  2. gvocale

    IBBA in Sherwood S-5000 II

    I am trying to install an IBBA board into a Sherwood S-5000 II I am using the following schematic, posted here on AK in another thread. If I measure resistance between the DC balance pot and ground, with the IBBA not plugged into the amp, by turning the potentiometer I swing between 15k ohms...
  3. gvocale

    How to polish Sherwood amps copper case

    How to polish Sherwood's amps cases? I have a 5500-II and a 5000-II. I've tried using Simicrome Polish (https://www.amazon.com/Simichrome-390050-Metal-Polish-Tube/dp/B0002YUQ4E/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=brass+polish&qid=1588566042&sr=8-7), but the orang-y brass color seemed to fade away a...
Back
Top Bottom