• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

10 year old threaad about pioneer sx3700

taylormd

New Member
I think his name was macdaddy and he was asking what the pioneer sx3700 he had just paid $102 for was worth. all his replies were disapointing saying it was probably only worth $25 to $50.
I own one. It's 45 watts rms and i'm driving about 420 watts of speakers.
Rarley go past half with volume. loud enough to chase the ol' lady out of a 35' X 16' room in the basement.
anyways 10 years after he paid $102 for his, thinking he got screwed, they now go for $150 to $200 on ebay. very good and reliable amp built in 1981.
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't have this model but I have heard very favourable views about this line. In my market, Toronto, they have recently been listed in the $100-150 range. This will seem high for many on AK but prices have been steadily creeping up in the past few years. Please note that I am referring to local sales and not eBay, which currently has inflated prices for vintage Pioneer gear.
 
Not to be a wet blanket, but $102 in 2003 is $130 today, so after ebay fees, etc. he's breaking even at $150.

NB: That's not a comment on the SX3700 - many good pieces of equipment are undervalued - Nikko tuners, to give a personal example.
 
In summer of '93, I paid $130 for one that must have been a trade-in at American TV in Madison, WI. This must have been when Adcom or Bose were running trade-in specials. Bought it with money I made mowing lawns.

In '08, I paid around $50 for one off the 'bay. It had seen better days- the lamp sockets were cracked from heat and would no longer stay in place. Around that time, I also picked up a near-mint one at a swap meet for $15.

Bargains are out there, keep your eyes open.

One of my favorite receivers- in my top five.
 
Back
Top Bottom