• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

1150d as preamp or model?? receiver?

fazman

Active Member
Hi there , my first time post. :banana: I have a 170dc and an 1150d integrated that I'm using as a preamp (The power amp section of the 1150d is used to run my center channel in my home theater)
Are there others that use the 1150d for the preamp? I'm tempted to get into a receiver... I love the blue lights :D (and the occasional NPR program)
Maybe a 2285B or a lower model 23 series. What are the preamp sections of these receivers like compared to the 1150d? Anyone using a receiver as a preamp to run a 170dc or a 300dc?
Oh and by the way is there a better solution for switching your home theater pre with your two channel pre other than just swapping cables? I tried a switcher but I noticed the degradation in sound quality.

Thanks for the help guys.

Dave
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom