• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

$1400

Register to hide this ad
What's wrong with them? Seems like a legit deal to me; am I missing something? Not my price range, but as I understand it, in-wall speakers sold on the installer-only market are not cheap. I've never heard of them or listened to the products, but I have just Googled up some reviews from legit sources. Nobody is accusing them of being White Van or anything as far as I know.
 
I think the poster is assuming that they're white van. The story is a classic white van story. I don't know if they are, but the guy is making them sound like they are.
 
There is no way in heck those are white van. Those things are absolutely legit and I bet they'd likely be worth the money. For a white van speaker to start even pretending that it uses a semi-modular construction where the port and tweeter can be switched for placement concerns and includes a large ribbon tweeter would require a miracle beyond what I think the intellect of anyone involved in the construction of white van materials could even hope to achieve. lol

In fact, I would be willing to wager that'd be a helluva deal if you're setting up a truly high-end multi-channel system.
 
Last edited:
Look at the frequency curves - 47Hz min? more like 120 Hz at +/- 3 db . They maybe legit but I am very leary of speakers like this - 'my gut tells me so.' Just MHO.

That ribbon looks like one you can get from PE - http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=275-085 close to this one.

???

2 6.5" drivers shouldn't have any problem getting down around 50hz @ -3db. The home theater market has a large variety of 'custom' and little known builders that don't do real prominent marketing or advertising for products.
 
I started this thread. They are imported from China to SnapAV here in Charlotte. I did not say they were White Van speakers. I said I would give $14 for them. Here is a review of them. They list for $2800. OK,OK I will go to $20 for a pair of them.
Ed
http://everythingaudionetwork.blogspot.com/2009/07/episode-ribbon-driver-home-theater.html

"The verdict
The Episode speaker system delivers a large sound field with that smooth, extended ribbon driver sound. The non-linearity in the midrange, due to cabinet coloration in the front speakers, is definitely noticeable — especially when compared to my reference SLS ribbon driver system. But the SLS system costs thousands of dollars more than the Episodes.
For the money, the Episodes are quite good. Think of the Episodes as a good entry point into the ribbon-driver world at a very competitive price. For more info, visit www.episodespeakers.com.

A professional audio engineer for almost 50 years (Sound 80, DMP Records), Tom Jung reviews home theater, audiophile and high-end recording gear for the Everything Audio Network, testing products from his home studio in North Carolina. He can be reached via email at"


You really hate these speakers, don't you.....;)


Steve
 
Back
Top Bottom