• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

15Ohm Rogers ls3/5a read 7.8 Ohm

jdell2000

unit 55
My 15 Ohm Rogers ls3/5a read 7.8 Ohms. They appear to be unmolested, in excellent condition, and of course sound great in my small studio using the Grant 300B integrated amp. I have owned them for 8 years. Does anybody know if that reading is normal and what does your ls3/5a speakers read? Thanks for your replies.
 
Register to hide this ad
You are measuring resistance "standing still" That's your DC resistance or DCR. Impedance is measured as an average through the entire frequency spectrum and cannot be measured by a simple multimeter. You're fine.
 
You are measuring resistance "standing still" That's your DC resistance or DCR. Impedance is measured as an average through the entire frequency spectrum and cannot be measured by a simple multimeter. You're fine.
Thank you for your response, Now I know. They sound too good to have a problem.
 
Do you know for sure that they are 15ohms? I'm only asking because I think there is an 8ohm version as well. I have JR149s which are closely related, and they do come in both 15 and 8ohm versions.
 
Back
Top Bottom