• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

1964 Fisher Futura V Console on Chicago CL

Hifiler

Well-Known Member
I just noticed this console on the Chicago Craigslist. I have no affiliation with this listing.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/ele/d/vintage-fisher-futura-console/6499701743.html

The listing states that it is model F-59-W Modern/Walnut, but based on the Fisher Console website it appears to be the F-59-IP Italian Provincial Distressed Walnut.

Looks to be in beautiful shape, and the owner is moving and taking the best offer.

I was not sure to post here or in Dollars and Sense
 
Register to hide this ad
This console has been a staple on the Chicago Craigslist for at least the last three years. If memory serves the seller started out around $500 and over time ended up at $275. Like I said, it’s been for sale for years (literally), I wish someone would buy it so it would quit showing up in my searches. Apparently there isn’t much interest in these hybrid units.
 
There has been a console on eBay for a long time at $1295.95 OBO. Now, there is another at $675 OBO. First one is in New Jersey, the second in New York. But, the pictures are identical, even to the scratches on the cabinet. I'm guessing that the seller is testing the lower price and it will eventually be "no longer available".
 
I hate that about eBay. I've seen that too. One seller will sell the same items from different ID's. It's false competition to make us think we'd get a bargain from the item with the lower price. The games people play ! Anyway, it's sweet to browse these vintage marvels.
 
It's a premiere. Just a hare (Pun intended) larger than a Custom Electra. Not worth the $$$.
 
Back
Top Bottom