• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

1966 Philco console stereo

radiotvnut

Super Member
Here's the other Philco console that I got from the same place that had the Philco tube console that I bought. This one was also in danger of being gutted for use as a TV cabinet; so, I figured I'd better save it.

The radio fires up and works; but, it has the usual dirty controls and probably needs some caps. The record changer is a VM that uses a Tetrad cartridge and tracks at a little over two grams, according to my scale. The changer needs the usual work that all of these need.

This is a very heavy stereo and looks to be one of their better models.

Here's a video I made of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2sYVoDrLMQ
 
Register to hide this ad
Nice one. My inlaws have a Philco G1710S in walnut. From what I've been able to gather it's 1959. It's a record player only But has radio inputs. I'd like to see it saved also and brought back to it's former glory. My father in law mentioned that my wifes older sister had said she wanted it to turn it into a sewing cabinet or some stupid thing. I really don't have room for it myself, plus while I do need to find a tt to play 78s on this really isn't the best choice. But I just hate to see it gutted. Have fun with yours.

Cheers...........................Todd
 
My grandmother owns a 1967 Philco-Ford console. Cabinet looks similar and so is the original changer. Receiver is different. Powerful for a console. Yours is a beautiful thing.
 
Back
Top Bottom