• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

1980 Advent "New Loudspeaker"

kosmaras

New Member
My friends father has a set of Advent "New Loudspeakers" that he purchased in 1980. I believe these are referred to as the "bullnose" model.

I need to negotiate a price on them with him, but he's willing to part with them. They have new surrounds and are very, very clean.

What do you guys think is a fair price for these?
 
Register to hide this ad
$125 to $150. Possibly a little more if they are super nice condition or have had the crossovers recapped. The bullnose refers to the walnut veneer cabinets. The vinyl cabinets are worth less than the walnut veneer.
 
I have a set that I cant give away for 150 dollars so I would not pay anything more than that and mine have been refoamed with redone crossovers. I actually had an original set of Large Advents a while back and had a hard time getting 80 dollars for them. They are nice speakers but they are hard to sell. Actually I have a buyer on the way now for 125 dollars. Good luck.
 
$150 is more than fair. The only think that may warrant more is if they were in mint (and I mean mint) condition.
 
Back
Top Bottom