• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2 16ohm woofers, drop in one 8ohm replacement?

HepcatWilly

Just trying to be Hepful
One of my Allison Two woofers needs a new voicecoil. It will take weeks to get it fixed.

There are 2 16ohm woofers per speaker wired in parallel to give an 8ohm load. I'm driving the speakers with an NAD 2200 amp.

My question is, what happens if I drop in another Allison woofer that is an 8ohm load in that open slot? Will any damage likely occur?

I don't *have to* use the speakers, I have plenty others. I'm just curious and I miss playing the little suckers.

Thanks!
Hep
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom