• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2 amps and 2 sets of speakers?

giovanni

Active Member
Hi guys....

I have just hooked up my recent acquisition, a Yamaha P2200 amplifier. Only problem is, I hate to disconnect my Sansui AU-717 that I have enjoyed for so long.
So I have a second set of Cerwin Vegas just sitting around collecting dust, and would like to use them as a second set on my current system. I have hooked up the AU-717 as a preamp only, so that I can drive my main speakers with the Yamaha. Is there a way that I can run the second pair of Cerwin Vegas with the amp section of the AU-717? Any info appreciated...
 
Register to hide this ad
Sure, just put a "Y" connector on the pre-outs of the Sansui, run 2 legs into the amp section and 2 legs into the Yamaha.

The preamp section can feed more than 1 amp.

- Dave
 
You might find driving two different amps will cause problems, I've had them in the past with several dual amp setups, as far as was determined it was an impedance problem, but it was specific to each setup, I haven't experienced with every combination I've tried.

It's try it and see as far as I know, and in one case the problem only arose if I tried to use just one of the amps with the unused one shut off, if they were both turned on no problems.
 
Back
Top Bottom