• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2 new additions

3kitty

Super Member
I am putting together a small dedicated music room - all vintage gear, record storage, etc.

It is far from ready but I have been thinking about and looking for items I want in this room. One thing I wanted to do was pay homage to my grandparents farmstead - where I spent a lot of time. In their parlour and in their large country kitchen were tube radios. A larger console in the parlour and a smaller one in the kitchen - that sound...I can still hear it!

The first piece I found was a '52 G.E. C 750 tube console radio/phonograph. This is already here in the Forum.

This week I picked up these 2 pieces. Fully restored and pretty well perfect - especially for their ages. No cracks, chips, etc in the bakelite. Need a final detailed cleaning but pretty well good to go. They both sound great!!
I'm not a very good photographer but the swirl finish on both is really nice, especially in the mahogany colour of the Master Nipper - almost a burgundy tone in there...very cool.

I think I'm done now - I have 3 but I have been warned this could get "ugly". ;)

1) A 1946 G.E. Model 100 - 5 tube
2) A 1947 RCA Victor Master Nipper - 5 tube mahogany finish
 

Attachments

  • DSC01516.jpg
    DSC01516.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01519.jpg
    DSC01519.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01518.jpg
    DSC01518.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC01515.jpg
    DSC01515.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC01503.jpg
    DSC01503.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC01505.jpg
    DSC01505.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 9
Register to hide this ad
Wow, those are nice my friend, I especially like anything Nipper related, but the GE has that cool ceramic phono input. I'd get a "Y" rca cable and try running a CDP in. A CDP with variable output would likely be best if you have one. I put an RCA for a CDP on a Majestic table top and it sounds really good.
 
Nice radios. If you walked into my living room, you would think it was 1935 or so. Nothing is any newer than that. Makes my 1934 Philco radio look right at home. Those old radios do sound good too. Get a converter that takes the RCA out of a Sirius satellite radio and creates an AM signal. Then you can listen to big band music like it was heard back in the day. Glorious tubey mids all day.
 
Wow, those are nice my friend, I especially like anything Nipper related, but the GE has that cool ceramic phono input. I'd get a "Y" rca cable and try running a CDP in. A CDP with variable output would likely be best if you have one. I put an RCA for a CDP on a Majestic table top and it sounds really good.

Thanks! I have an RCA for the '52 G.E. console unit to play tunes from my iPad so I think I'll leave these alone....but maybe at some point.

"Nice radios. If you walked into my living room, you would think it was 1935 or so. Nothing is any newer than that. Makes my 1934 Philco radio look right at home. Those old radios do sound good too. Get a converter that takes the RCA out of a Sirius satellite radio and creates an AM signal. Then you can listen to big band music like it was heard back in the day. Glorious tubey mids all day."


---------------------------------

Thanks! I'd love to see your living room - sounds like a nice place to be for an old soul like me! These little guys do sound good!

Enjoy!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom