• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2-track R2R players

V65008

Member
I have some 2-track mono R2R tapes and was wondering what are some good tape players that would work. I currently have a Sony TC-399, Akai GX-77 and a Technics RS-1700 I believe are all 4-track stereo machines. I was wondering if the Technics RS-1500 2-track stereo player could fit the bill. Any other options? :scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
I play my two track mono British reel to reel Beatles tapes on my TC-399 with one of the tracks switched off (to source) through a Sansui 7070 with the mono button on so it comes out both of my speakers...that way you don't here the other side playing backwards
 
Yes, the Technics is wonderful, but kinda overkill for this app.

if they are all 7.5ips, 7", grab a Tascam 22-2, and wire up one channel of it.

For 2T decks, I have a Tascam 22-2, Teac 3300-2T, and one I have not yet announced ;)
 
You can use any of the 1/4 track stereo machines that you have, just turn off the one channel that plays the other side backwards and put the amp in mono. If you can't do that, just use a "Y" jack from the one channel of the player to both inputs of the amp.
 
Never even thought about switching the monitor levers and my amp has a mono button!! Thanks for the advice!! :music:
 
Back
Top Bottom