• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2 x marantz 1030 for 50 euros?!

Alienz

Super Member
Hi,
Just yesterday I posted in another thread about waiting for a marantz 1030 or 1060 on the dutch 'ebay', already today there's a guy offering 2x 1030, one working but 'needs a checkup' , the other not working according to seller.
I already contacted him asking if he'd just sell one, he replied me with an offer of 50 euro's for the pair.

Is this a good deal? I've seen working 1030's go for 50 euros or more. I'm slowly getting the hang of repairing amps so the defects are not really a prob. for me. Anyone know what new transistors would cost for a 1030? I'm also a bit confused by the seller saying these were made in japan, i thought they were all made in US?

Thanks,

Gerard
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
It sounds like you could buy the pair, fix them both up, and re-sell one to get most of (or all of) your money back, while gaining valuable practice in repair/restoration. Might be worth doing, if you don't mind doing the repair work yourself.

Those smaller Marantz amps can sound very nice. I'm partial to the 1060 myself, but there is nothing wrong with a 1030.
 
Thank you both :)
I dont mind doing the repair, almost looking forward to it, I'd like to see what the marantz looks like on the inside compared to my sansui and luxman :)
Only wondering if I can connect a 1030 to a pair 0f 25-50 watts speakers since it sems to have an output of only 15-20 watts.
 
(posted this in wrong thread) :)

'I said I accepted the offer, next day I had a migraine, wasnt able to respond to his reply late that evening but he said he hadnt received the money yet and my adress therefore he couldnt send them. I replied that I was ill and would pay straight away, havent heard from him again :(
I can't deny I'm a bit pissed off about this, not sure wether I should be angry at the migraine or him though :)

Seems marantz and me just don't go together, this is the 3rd time I missed out on a 1030/1060! :('
 
Back
Top Bottom