• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

2 Years of Audiokarma.org

ckelly

Super Member
This friday, 18th of June, AudioKarma.org is two years old! Here's a trip down memory lane...

The first site on the internet that actually had a dedicated forum for vintage audio was AudioReview - anyone remember the AR forums? Don't you miss that Audioreview girl?

At some time in 2001, Norb left AR and formed the now defunct AudioUtopia. He then found a dream job and left the site basically to die a slow and agonic death...

During that time, our fearless leader created Audiokarma.org - The homepage sure looked different ... the forums also were a lot smaller ...

So, that is a very short genesis and evolution of this site. It wouldnt have been possible without you, and we hope to be around for many more years to come :).

Almost coinciding with our second anniversary - the SX-1010 raffle is over and we have a winner - SKI. A big congratulations to SKI and all that participated in the contest and stay tuned for more to come. We also want to hear your thoughts/suggestions here.

On another note, the world lost one of its giants :(, Ray Charles passed away. Stereophile and Rolling Stone both have articles on this sad news. Also be sure to check out Ray's Official Site.
 
Register to hide this ad
AK 2 Year Anniversary

Congratulations AudioKarma! Best damn site on the Internet!!

Party Time!!!

:yippy: :grnbounce :yippy: :banana: :banana: :grnbounce :yippy: :grnbounce

-Dave
 
:sing: Happy Birthday to us!

It's amazing the growth when you look back. Great thread CK!

Carl
 
It took three tries to get it right, but Kam, you did it. This is home and the memories of the other two sites mentioned only serve to make this all the better. Here's to many more years to come!
 
I Love this Site.

I mean, where else can one go, and get advice on Audio, Video, HT, Automobiles,Antique radios and tv's, And life in general? I spend more time here than probably ANY other place on the net. I have been a member for well over a year, and I REALLY think this is a WONDERFUL site!!

Keep up the good work, O' thou great admins!!
 
Happy Birthday AK.....its been a priveldge to spend all my free time posting and being a general PITA!!!!!!

I want to thank all members ...and especially the Moderators and Administrators for such a cool site.....
 
I'm still pretty much a noob compared to most here, but I've always felt at home here thanx to the quality folks who operate the site and also those regulars who willingly offer up so much information to the less-informed of us. Now, if I could find a way to enjoy it without constantly reaching in my pocket to pay for new old gear and new and old music...............................

:rolleyes:
 
Wow, two years? Holy smokes Batman, where has the time gone? I remember trying to post in AR way back when. It was full of know it alls and cry baby's. Wasn't fun at all. How relived I was to find AU. Alas, AU wasn't very good either (mostly the software) and thank goodness Tim had the guts to make something new happen. It sure is much better here in all ways!!
 
Happy Birthday to us. Guess I've been here about a year now, ever since Pete listed this site in a post on AA. Enjoyed the posts, and really enjoy the people.

Rob
 
Thanks for the comments :)

I'll try my best to do these on a regular basis. If any of you have something "newsworthy"please PM me.

CK
 
Hard to believe it is 2 years,I joined on Nov 2\02,it has been a great 2 years.
I agree with Toze,we need a way to curb financial spending.I don't really need more cds,do I?
So Cheers to a great group of people,I would have surely been slighted emotionally and friendship-wise if I had not joined Ak.

Alan
 
I just wish I wouldav'e found this place back when it was new....then I couldav'e drove you guys nuts twice as long!!!!! LOL;) ;)
 
Definately not the "terrible two's"!

This is my home-away-from-home in my home, and I thoroughly enjoy being here! Here's to many, many more...:beerchug:
 
Very cool post. Happy Birthday AK!

Man, I remember that homepage. I stumbled across it once, but forgot what it was or how I got there. I also had to cleat the history so I was SOL. It's nice to know I found it after all.
 
WOW, been that long already.
I have to admit this Forum is the best.
Nice friendly people and great threads.:)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AK !
 
Back
Top Bottom