• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

$20 Luxman RX102 suckface on CL

mr.jones

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
CL listing for Luxman RX 102 , Boston Acoustics A60 & a Technics SL-D2 turntable . Seller taking it out of long term storage and wants it gone. $20 each seller just listed and doesn't want to separate so $60 takes it all.The suckface doesn't work so may need a new belt.Deal or pass?
 
Register to hide this ad
The BA-60s are worth it by themselves if in good shape. More, even.

Hard to tell by the ad the condition. Not sure on the surrounds for the BA 60's. Hope they are EZ to replace if need be. Would rather not spend hours scraping glue.
 
How can any suckface not be worth twenty bucks. Just the name -- just being able to tell people, "I own an original SUCKFACE!" -- surely is worth that much! :D

(Not to mention that they're pretty nice-sounding units, too, when in good shape!)
 
How can any suckface not be worth twenty bucks. Just the name -- just being able to tell people, "I own an original SUCKFACE!" -- surely is worth that much! :D

(Not to mention that they're pretty nice-sounding units, too, when in good shape!)

I as well have heard suckfaces going for big money recently. I say go for it. :rockon:
 
How can any suckface not be worth twenty bucks. Just the name -- just being able to tell people, "I own an original SUCKFACE!" -- surely is worth that much! :D

(Not to mention that they're pretty nice-sounding units, too, when in good shape!)

That would be a perk. I wonder if there are any Suckface Users Clubs (SUC) that I could join? Club Suckface?
 
Last edited:
Hard to tell by the ad the condition. Not sure on the surrounds for the BA 60's. Hope they are EZ to replace if need be. Would rather not spend hours scraping glue.

There's something hard about spending hours scraping glue? But yes, they should be cheaper if surround work needed. I did my BA-60's and they're not the easiest on the removal end. New ones go on easy though, and then you've got great speakers.

All in all, I'd say the whole deal sounds good to me--I think.... Are suckfaces usable if the faces are immobilized?
 
Are suckfaces usable if the faces are immobilized?

I have been using an RX-102 daily on my computer and the suckface does not work .I just secured it in the on position and it sounds great .Easily worth $20 .
 

Attachments

  • 2010_0908clouds0004.jpg
    2010_0908clouds0004.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
There's something hard about spending hours scraping glue? But yes, they should be cheaper if surround work needed. I did my BA-60's and they're not the easiest on the removal end. New ones go on easy though, and then you've got great speakers.

All in all, I'd say the whole deal sounds good to me--I think.... Are suckfaces usable if the faces are immobilized?

Don't know if it works with the facesuck stuck. Would appreciate any info on that. Does the BA 60 grill and woofer come out EZ or are they glued?

Any info on the turntable value?
 
Last edited:
The suckface was an idea by Luxman to make the controls less apt to accidental movement when the unit was off. When the unit is switched on, a motor drives a belt that retracts the faceplate to allow full use of the rotational controls and the small push buttons under the face. Works fine with or without the face retracted but it may be a bit difficult to move the controls with the face out. A few threads on how to replace the belt here on AK.
 
8" BA woofers are just about the easiest woofers to refoam. Make sure you get the correct foam surrounds though.
 
The belts for the servo face luxman units are available on ebay for about $10 each.I just bought 3 of them,because I have a stack of luxman stuff,that I'm fixing the servos on.They belong to a buddy,and he wants to get rid of them,but not before I fix them.I have the RX 101 receiver,the KX 100 cassette player,the D 405 CD player,and the PX 100 turntable.
 
When I first bought my 102 I opened it up and could not find where a belt would be or how a belt would drive the suckface mechanism and I assumed that it was driven by a motor and a gear and assumed the motor was dead .Am I wrong here ? Is the 102 belt driven ?
 
If it has the "suckface" then yes,it has a motor.If the belt is shot,you should still be able to hear the hum of the motor.Only 2 small screws to pull the motor,and you can see if its running.On the RX 101 that I'm fixing,I had to spin the pulley by hand,to get it to go.The receiver had been sitting for years,and probably had gunk buildup,preventing it from rotating.Once I helped it a bit,she took right off.Just waiting for the new belts to arrive.
 
Back
Top Bottom