• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2000x special one

I have a 2000 '68' and a 1000x '72' they have a totally different flavour imo.
The 2000 is balanced across the audio range with an excellent mid range it just sounds so right with every genre the 1000x is a little bombastic in the bass dept which suits some genres not others,it has a cleaner/darker/slower more hifi sound vs the 2000 which is brighter,fuller with a more natural presentation.
The phono stage on the 2000 is far better as is the tuner.

I'm curious re the 2000x i wonder if it's more 2000 or 1000x?
 
Last edited:
The 2000A and X were upgraded variants of the original 2000. All sound very similar to each other, with the "A" and the "X" sounding 99% identical. (Might be due to interchange between "A" and "X" boards in some of the "A" and "X'' models. If you have an "A" or an "X" variant, pull both manuals and verify the board numbers. I've seen "X" boards in "A"s and vice versa. I have all 3 of the 2000 variants, and I can't tell any real difference in Sound quality between them. You won't hear much difference in SPL as there is about 10W difference between a 2000 and a 2000x with the 2000a in the middle.
 
Hey crew,been a while...Really enjoy this conversation! One story and fun fact regarding 2000x and AU 9500 currently playing in my home: They are both Sept 73 , which is funny considering how rare they are, at least here in Serbia.

Long story short AU 9500 is reccaped and in shape, 2000x is still in original shape, plays good as it gets, no complaint there!

Throw in the mix AR speakers and bye bye! Dive in to the music.

Really gratefull to have these two masterpieces,healthy and playing for many more years to come.

Anywas, keep talking,keep talking...:lurk:
 
I just picked up a 2000x from the original owner's son after his father passed away. He had the owner's and servicing manuals to boot. It has a dead right channel, but I believe I've narrowed it down to the Tone Board. I will be rebuilding it and the output driver board. I may as well do the power supply boards too, and the EQ.

I once had a 5000x and remember it's blissful sound. I only sold it because I got bored. Boy, did I regret it later. I'm glad to hear so many positive things about the little brother I have now.
 
I just picked up a 2000x from the original owner's son after his father passed away. He had the owner's and servicing manuals to boot. It has a dead right channel, but I believe I've narrowed it down to the Tone Board. I will be rebuilding it and the output driver board. I may as well do the power supply boards too, and the EQ.

You might want to check out @ConradH web page on the 2000X (and A for that matter). It has some modifications you can consider doing to your 2000x
https://conradhoffman.com/Sansui2000x_mods.htm
 
I can't speak to the 1000X vs 2000X, never owned the latter. I can say, thought, that I just finished a full resto of my Dad's 1000X that he bought new in '69 or '70 (resto thread on here a page or 3 back).

It replaced a working fine but unrestored 8080DB in the kitchen (wife's rig). The 1000X MURDERED the DB in terms of SQ, it wan't even close. Bass authority, presence and musicality, more of everything, holy hell.
 
You might want to check out @ConradH web page on the 2000X (and A for that matter). It has some modifications you can consider doing to your 2000x
https://conradhoffman.com/Sansui2000x_mods.htm

I did just that today. I will add these mods asap. I just rebuilt the tone and amp boards. I tell you I am really impressed with the bottom end this little guy delivers. My Klipsch woofers are moving like never before, especially at such low volumes. I just moved a stack of Pioneer outta the way to make room for the new champion. Believe it or not, as far as musicality goes, I like this unit better than my SA-8500, SG-9500 combo. Such is life with audio equipment, that I continue to find these underappreciated receivers sound better than some of the higher prestige equipment.

Out with the OLD....

IMG_8076.jpg

In with the NEW:

IMG_8075.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom