• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2220 Capacitor Error?

Yankee Dog

Well-Known Member
Does the 2220 (not the b) have any polarity errors on the power supply board?

I am recapping another 2220 and noticed a cap in backwards. It all looks original, so I doubt anyone has been in there before. I put the cap in the same way as the old one cap out, and it plays fine.

Also, I am going off of memory, but, is one of the cap voltage values wrong on that same power supply board?

Again going off of memory, but it seems I heard something about the 2220 having a few errors in the manual, the pcb board, or both. Thanks, YD
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm probably wrong here but if they are supply caps then ones negative would be railed to the positive of another for a dual rail where there is neutral voltage in the middle, positive on one cap and negative on the other cap.
 
Back
Top Bottom