• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2220B Value?

analogman

Well-Known Member
Banned
Marantz 2220B - Value?

What do you think top dollar should be for a near mint 2220B?
Couple of lamps are out, all original, SUPER clean.
Standard wood grain top, no cabinet or side panels.
Seller is providing an original service manual as well.
Thanks,
Craig
 
Register to hide this ad
We may never know.
Post from 2008, poster last seen in 2010

But yeah, some stereo gear has increased in price greatly in the last decade +/-
 
I'm glad I bought several pieces 8 to 10 years ago. Prices have doubled (or more) on some of them.
 
eBay says $500-600 usually. $1k is an outlier.
The original post is outdated. I agree $500-$600 is good estimate for one in fairly good condition today. I recently bought one for $400 in excellent condition. However, the seller is someone I buy/sell with regularly.

Anyone 2220B selling for over $800 has been fully restored with upgrades.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8595.jpeg
    IMG_8595.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8596.jpeg
    IMG_8596.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 4
$500-600 for a little pipsqueak receiver is nuts but if that is what folks will pay…


Too much other excellent gear for less available. Nothing can keep up with the inflated Marantz prices, folks just gotta have that brand
 
$500-600 for a little pipsqueak receiver is nuts but if that is what folks will pay…


Too much other excellent gear for less available. Nothing can keep up with the inflated Marantz prices, folks just gotta have that brand
Don't get me wrong, I own four vintage Marantz receivers myself. They sound great, but current market prices are ridiculous. Obviously, everyone has their own opinion on which model's the best. Many hardcore Marantz enthusiasts say the 2270.

I've heard it multiple times. It sounds awesome! However, I'm would not pay $1500 or more for it. Just my opinion.
 
With Luxman 30-40-55-70 & 1120 wpc receivers selling for way less, looking much more elegant and sounding better, I’m not in the Marantz camp either. I understand it, I’ve rebuilt a couple, I bought a sweet 4400 and 1030 to work on and sell. I sold my 6320 turntable, the armless 6300.

Im not paying Marantz prices, either, but selling at Marantz prices…absolutely.
 
Agree! The only time I noticed Marantz prices dip was during Covid period (Mar-Apr 2020). I'll always keep a few in my collection because they do sound great, hold value and easy to sell.
 
For anyone out there really looking for 2220 or similar for the sound, get JVC from similar time period for 1/3 the price. They're much better sounding.
 
Back
Top Bottom