Mico
Well-Known Member
Just finished recapping amp and PS board, plus big filter caps on 2226B.
Everything went well and I tried it on dim bulb tester first - bang, it glows pale orange on 60W bulb :sigh:. DC offset is below 10mV on both channels,
bias is around 15mV so nothing wrong there. It sounds good on headphones
and after 10-15 min. nothing inside gets hot or even warm :scratch2:.
I did whole recapping thing in one shot but going slowly, cap by cap, checking for clean soldering paths and making sure no solder residue rolling around.
When run through DBT on 100W bulb, which is almost an open pipe considering 2226B`s max consumption of 130W, no glow and no fireworks - receiver works fine. Could it be safe to plug it to the wall outlet or I should check more for the cause?
Just for comparison, my 2238B makes 60W bulb filament barely visible and even on 40W glows less than 2226B on 60W.
Everything went well and I tried it on dim bulb tester first - bang, it glows pale orange on 60W bulb :sigh:. DC offset is below 10mV on both channels,
bias is around 15mV so nothing wrong there. It sounds good on headphones
and after 10-15 min. nothing inside gets hot or even warm :scratch2:.
I did whole recapping thing in one shot but going slowly, cap by cap, checking for clean soldering paths and making sure no solder residue rolling around.
When run through DBT on 100W bulb, which is almost an open pipe considering 2226B`s max consumption of 130W, no glow and no fireworks - receiver works fine. Could it be safe to plug it to the wall outlet or I should check more for the cause?
Just for comparison, my 2238B makes 60W bulb filament barely visible and even on 40W glows less than 2226B on 60W.