• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2230b balance slider question

FVW

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a 2230B that I purchased off ebay. In shipping the package must have been dropped and there was a lot of damage. The tuning flywheel was dislodged from its mount and was free to rattle around inside the cabinet. The phenolic board on the back of the balance slider was cracked in two which interrupts
the carbon paths and of course the audio signals. I've been trying for months to find a replacement slider to no avail. I've epoxied the board back together. Does anyone know of a conductive paint that might bridge the carbon paths and remedy this problem?
 
Register to hide this ad
Thanks for your reply. I'll look into your suggestion.
Update: I found a product on Amazon, SilexCore Cunductive Silicone. I applied a small amount, just enough to bridge the cracks in the carbon paths, then waited 36 hours for it to cure. I turned the unit on and the balance slider is working! The volume level is normal and everything is functioning perfectly. Success after all these months!
 
Back
Top Bottom