• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2275: main filter cap bypass caps?

ssouci

Well-Known Member
I've noticed mentions about a very effective modification of adding "bypass caps" in parallel with the main filter caps... apparently it will improve the highs

A) would this be a good idea for a 2275?

B) what is the recommended value & type for a 2275? (better still, a Digikey PN for a good choice)

C) are there any tricks to installing these? do I have to be worried about polarity?

PS: I will be installing new main filter caps, Panasonic ECE-P1KA153HA, with lead spacing = 0.984" (25.00mm)


thx!
 
Register to hide this ad
I never put them in my 2275 but I suppose it's a harmless thing. The parts you add won't have polarity so not a concern.

The highs are already pretty good in that unit so you probably won't see any improvement. The way to find out is to run a response curve at full output. Most program material contains very little energy in the highest frequencies.
 
Back
Top Bottom