• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2325, 2275?

suprpntr

closet vintage stereo fan
Is a 2325 that much better than a 2275, or the 2285B? I have both of the latter. And am most happy with both. Keep looking around for that great deal on a 2325. Not a obsession, just fun to look.

Question is; if I found one, would it really be a step up? So far, 2285b is the best of the collection. 2275, is good (do LED's really make things sound better?). 2270, Yammie 1020, they are all neck and neck for second place.
 
Register to hide this ad
The 2275 is closer in sound style to the 2330 (I wish I had mine back from the repair shop). Many, including myself, didn't prefer the sound of the 2325. It is often described as rather hard and harsh sounding. I had one and didn't care for it either. But there does seem to be a following for this receiver. So it appears to be a love it or hate it kind of thing.

And yes the 2285b is a TOTL piece. I'll let you know how the 2330 sounds if I ever get mine back.

charles
 
Last edited:
I've owned two 2325's, a pair of 2285B's, and a 2275. The one I regretted selling the most was the 2275.
 
The 2275/2325 style is really my favorite, so I guess the 2325 would be the ultimate I'm thinking. Although when I look at the 2285b I'm not so sure.

See, here is the problem; not enough room. They are all throughout the house. And they are all nice condition and so far, reliable. Can't get rid of one. The 2270 is an engraved one, so gotta keep it. The 2285b is, well, the 2285b. Has to stay. the 2275 is very cool, but is currently pulling garage duty. As a teenager, never dreamed I would own a 2275, much less have one in the garage! It really is tough having all these stereos and living the adolecent dream. I'm really doing the best I can to deal with it....

I guess I could rotate a 2325 in, but rotating is a pain. May never get one but thinking about it is fun. Just had to ask about the comparison.
 
Many describe the 2325 as the "looker" of the collection. But when it comes to listening they often go with the 2275 & 2330. So I don't think you would gain a significant difference going up to the 2325. But if you find one do try it.

As for the "collection". I built a cabinet were most of the stuff sits on a permanent basis. But I too have the garage, or in my case the basement, setup.

Besides you can't keep hauling these things around. You'll hurt yourself and it's no fun.

Another consideration is use the funds to have some units restored and upgraded professionally.
charles
 
2325 all the way. No question in my opp. With a few tweaks it is one of the best sounding receivers out there period.
 
I'm still using my 2325 fairly often and I've found other people are very impressed with its sound. I love it, but I know I'm biased after all these years. I do remember one audiophile buddy of mine about 20 years ago didn't care for the sound of it on a tape I made for him...and it was a really nice tape deck. He blamed the receiver, not the tape deck.
 
my 2275 is a real sweetie. One heck of a nice unit with the WC-22 Walnut case.

I love the smooth volume control :yes:
 
I sure wish I'd kept my 2230 and 2275 and they were both awesome in the sound categories but that doesn't help you much now does it. Good luck in your decision making as either way you go you can't go wrong IMHO.
 
How des the 4300 fit into this scheme of things? About the same vintage as the 2325? It sure looks good -- the same nice "line of round buttons" like the 2275 and the 2325.
 
If you absolutely need the power go 2325 but for pure sound quality it's the 2275.

Interesting. You would say the 2275 sound better? One would think that upgrade would always be better but it is not always the case. Another poster mentioned the 2230. It really is a good one and it is not an upper end one.

So far I am happy with the 2275. Haven't seen any 2325's out there in the reasonable range so I doubt I will have one anytime soon. Perhaps not such a bad thing.
 
suprpntr I can only go with what my Marantz tech told me when he serviced my 2275 (cleaning, LED's, adjusted the offset bias etc...) he says all he works on is Marantz units and he's owned and heard most all of them and he swears that the 2275 is just the best balance of power and sound there is. Now he says they are ALL very good units but in his estimation the 2275 is just that slight bit better all the way around, again just his opinion.
 
suprpntr I can only go with what my Marantz tech told me when he serviced my 2275 (cleaning, LED's, adjusted the offset bias etc...) he says all he works on is Marantz units and he's owned and heard most all of them and he swears that the 2275 is just the best balance of power and sound there is. Now he says they are ALL very good units but in his estimation the 2275 is just that slight bit better all the way around, again just his opinion.

It's about the speakers your using, size of room, etc.
 
It's about the speakers your using, size of room, etc.


I do know this much; taking an old receiver, dusting it off on the outside, shining up the faceplate, and replacing all the lamps always makes it sound better.

Why? I have no idea. Just know that it does.
 
Back
Top Bottom