• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2330 faceplate removal

mea2112

Addicted Member
I haven't had a Marantz for a long time so I can't remember how the Marantz faceplates come off. I know you have to remove the knobs and the four faceplate bolts and maybe the three screws under the front but I'm obviously missing something else. I removed one small gold-colored screw on the top and back a little from the faceplate but that didn't do it. Anyone have a clue?
 
Register to hide this ad
Look where you pulled the knobs off. There should be some strange looking brass rings with two slots. Back those off, and you should be good to go. Careful, sometimes they're tight, and you can slip and scratch the faceplate.
 
Look where you pulled the knobs off. There should be some strange looking brass rings with two slots. Back those off, and you should be good to go. Careful, sometimes they're tight, and you can slip and scratch the faceplate.

Thats it exactly, I had the same problem on a 2325 a couple days ago and someone here pointed me to it, mine was around the bass knob also, not sure on a 2330 though. Just to be safe I tapes around mine before I proceeded to keep from scratching the face plate as mine was real tight
 
Thanks guys. I don't really see much of a way to get it off but I'll give it a try, carefully.
 
I've carefully used a wide flat screwdriver in one side of the bushing to rotate it loose. another thought would be to get a 1" putty knife and cut a relief in the middle for the shaft, and use it like a big screw driver....
 
Back
Top Bottom