• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2SD218 Transistor Acceptable Gain Readings Using PEAK DCA55

RAY73

New Member
I have 5 NOS 2SD218 transistors that I tested on a PEAK DCA55 and the gains are 30, 8, 16, 6 & 23. Also, the transistor with a gain of 6 is showing "Resistor Shunt Between B-E". I'm not going to use these on the intended project because the values are all over the place. What would be considered acceptable values using the DCA55?
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm not sure there is a right answer. IMO The DCA55 does not test at a high enough current to give reliable results on TO-3 output transistors.
The DCA75 when powered via USB does a better job, but I think they are both better suited to small signal devices. YMMV
 
Couldn't find hitachi data sheet but another manufacture has hfe=30-120 at Ic=4A and Vce=5V
 
Back
Top Bottom