• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

3 systems set up

Frank Sch

Active Member
In my journey back into home stereo after an almost 40 year hiatus, I've accumulated many pieces in the process of putting together my primary system. I have just enough room to squeeze in 2 secondary systems so they don't simply languish in storage.

Primary system: dbSystems preamp, ADC SoundShaper EQ (to play with but mainly to attenuate the high output of this preamp) Bryston 2B amp (50wpc), Technics SL1200 TT, Tascam CD-a700 (CD/cassette combo), Tannoy Berkeley speakers

Secondary system: Schiit SYS passive preamp, Belles Two amp (50wpc), Philips CD-450, Axiom M50Ti speakers

Tertiary system: Marrantz 4140 in stereo mode (70wpc), Yamaha Natural Sound CDX-530, Mission M71i speakers

My R2R Revox A77 will return from refurbishment in a month or so, and there's a Pioneer silver face tuner that I could add.

The Mission speakers are spectacular sounding bookshelf speakers chosen because there's no room for some of the other larger speakers I've accumulated. (A couple of these are Tannoy C-10's and a Paradigm Performance Series model.)
IMG_5195.jpeg
These other speakers will make "guest appearances" when I feel so inclined. The first string speakers will be moved between the 3 systems that are set up to find the best sounding combinations.

I'm having fun in my retirement!
 
Register to hide this ad
In my journey back into home stereo after an almost 40 year hiatus, I've accumulated many pieces in the process of putting together my primary system. I have just enough room to squeeze in 2 secondary systems so they don't simply languish in storage.

Primary system: dbSystems preamp, ADC SoundShaper EQ (to play with but mainly to attenuate the high output of this preamp) Bryston 2B amp (50wpc), Technics SL1200 TT, Tascam CD-a700 (CD/cassette combo), Tannoy Berkeley speakers

Secondary system: Schiit SYS passive preamp, Belles Two amp (50wpc), Philips CD-450, Axiom M50Ti speakers

Tertiary system: Marrantz 4140 in stereo mode (70wpc), Yamaha Natural Sound CDX-530, Mission M71i speakers

My R2R Revox A77 will return from refurbishment in a month or so, and there's a Pioneer silver face tuner that I could add.

The Mission speakers are spectacular sounding bookshelf speakers chosen because there's no room for some of the other larger speakers I've accumulated. (A couple of these are Tannoy C-10's and a Paradigm Performance Series model.) View attachment 1346083 These other speakers will make "guest appearances" when I feel so inclined. The first string speakers will be moved between the 3 systems that are set up to find the best sounding combinations.

I'm having fun in my retirement!
Looking good!
 
My systems setup is almost complete. Just missing the A77 R2R currently being refurbished. There are 3 systems there! Main system: dbSystems preamp, Bryston 2B amp, ADC Sound Shaper One Ten -IC equalizer, Technics SL1200 TT, Tascam CD-A700 CD/cassette player, Tannoy Berkeley speakers, small Boston sub. Secondary system A: Schiit SYS passive preamp, Belles Two amp, Yamaha Natural Sound CDX-530 CD player, Mission M71i bookshelf speakers. Secondary system B: Marrantz 4140 integrated amp, Philips CD-450 CD player, Axiom M50T1 speakers. Everything was bought used. Lots of $ invested in refurbishing/ recapping/ refoaming.
IMG_5220.jpeg
 
Just added my Pioneer TX-5500 ll tuner to the Marantz. The Tuner is sitting on top of the Marantz. I'll check to see, but my listening level is so modest, I don't think there's any chance of overheating.
 
Back
Top Bottom