• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

4ohm 90Watt speakers to 8ohm AMP JVC AX-R350.

freeman2020, if your integrated amp was rated to drive a 4 ohm load the back panel would have a similar label to these two examples. Both are a similar vintage to yours and one is a JVC. Both prove charles and bowtie are incorrect.
20220215_195201.jpg1e679025c0749bce4a81e444eda5ec20.jpg
 
Last edited:
Looks exactly like the AX-R441 I just got. It specs the same and looks the same. I had the same one you just bought for 40 years. Cranked up all the time and never faulted with 4 ohm speakers. Back right corner will get hot enough you can''t hold your hand on it. Lost mine in a house fire, so I bought what I thought was the same one, picked it up and it isn't. Also bought the same speakers I had. VERY hard to find. The R441 trips just when its really starting to get good. The R350 like you just bought that I had never missed a beat. Regardless of what the back says, I could of swore the manual that came with it gave a 4 ohm rating. Could be because of the way it handles A and B speakers. If I remember right you could push B speakers on without any hooked up and A still would play. The R441 wont play A if B is pushed on with no speakers attached.
 
Back
Top Bottom