mjw21a
Super Member
After installing Western Electric 11ga tinned speaker cables in my Dayton USA PS220-8 based speakers and discovering they're actually the best sounding speakers I own (betterring my Aurum Cantus F620, B&W DM16, Pioneer CS-88A amd Polk TSi100's), I decided it was time to get rid of the nasty chipboard that was constantly flaking off everywhere and spiff them up a bit as they're no longer the temporary speakers I once thought they were. I run these paired up with a little 12W Oldchen SEP amp (2x Melz 6H9C, 2x Reflecktor 6P3S-E coinbase tubes & 1x RCA 5U4GB tubes).
Cut some MDF to (almost the right) size. Speaker wires now located lower so that there's a lower centre of gravity if yanked on (trying for kids). Glued it on and filled the gaps with sealant . Once dry tomorrow a few screws will go in and I'll test that everything sounds right. I'll paint the back grey and give the rest of it a coat of clear.
I'm actually delighted I have all fingers attached. Never used a circular saw before.
Here's what these speaker cabinets usually look like from the front. Will be better after a coat of clear
Cut some MDF to (almost the right) size. Speaker wires now located lower so that there's a lower centre of gravity if yanked on (trying for kids). Glued it on and filled the gaps with sealant . Once dry tomorrow a few screws will go in and I'll test that everything sounds right. I'll paint the back grey and give the rest of it a coat of clear.
I'm actually delighted I have all fingers attached. Never used a circular saw before.
Here's what these speaker cabinets usually look like from the front. Will be better after a coat of clear

