• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

6P3S, 6P3S-E tubes. How tough are they?

dsndblm

Super Member
I’m wondering what current and plate voltage the 6P3S and 6P3s-E tubes are able to handle? I bought two quads of each type. I have two of the 6P3S tubes running in my SE amp. They are running 250 volts across the tube, 35ma current. The tubes seem really happy so far. They have ran 200 hours or so, sound decent, inexpensive.

Has anyone pushed them to see what they can handle?
 
Register to hide this ad
Those were military tubes. I expect them to be tough as nails. I think the Chinese still produce them at the Shuguang factory. They are 6L6GT equivalents and selling for less than 10 bucks a piece. Good value.
 
These things

I’m wondering what current and plate voltage the 6P3S and 6P3s-E tubes are able to handle? I bought two quads of each type. I have two of the 6P3S tubes running in my SE amp. They are running 250 volts across the tube, 35ma current. The tubes seem really happy so far. They have ran 200 hours or so, sound decent, inexpensive.

Has anyone pushed them to see what they can handle?

Are monsters..in a good way..

I have an OCTET of these that came with my Velleman...I replace with 6L6GC's but not because they were bad...Just like GE 6L6GC's...

My tubes are Russian..and they have the odd Russian designation but you want specs...think this might do

http://www.russiantubes.com/prop.php?t=12&p=239
 
I ran a set through the KEG-EAR amp, ST70 type clone 6L6-KT88.
The 6P3S ran well at 360-380V at 45 ma with a 6.6K Raa load with minimal feedback.
The 6P3S-E ran at 425V at 45ma again 6.6K Raa load with minimal feedback. When I changed out the outputs to 4.3k Raa, they both ran out of steam with volume.
Great tubes for the price. I preferred the 6P3S-E for higher voltage capability. I ended up with Svetlana 6550=C= in this amp for the long haul.
 

Attachments

  • keg3.jpg
    keg3.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 58
  • keg1.jpg
    keg1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Another sub for the 6P3S(E) tubes are the Sovtek 6L6WXT+. I run these AND the standard 6P3S (Reflector versions) and like both very much in my 6L6 SEUL amp. WXT+ tubes can handle 500V on the plate and 450V on the grids with max dissipation @ 30W. Both sound just about the same, very good.

Cheers,
Bob
 
Been running 6P3s-Es ind my Dyna ST70 and they sound great. They're mil tubes so they're pretty tough. JR
 
Back
Top Bottom