• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

70's Direct Discs

jwrauch

Super Member
Just listened to a couple old direct discs this evening that I hadn't listened to in several years . WOW, I had forgotten how good they sounded !!! The first was a Charlie Byrd disc from '77 Titled "Charlie Byrd" . The second was the "Thelma Huston and Pressure Cooker" 1975 disc. The dynamics, transients, and vocals rival any CD I've heard and the drum solo on the Byrd album is incredible !!!
 
Register to hide this ad
I had both of those (all my LPs were stolen a few years back), and can still remember the Kick & Slam of Pressure Cooker, which was my favorite demo/scare the neighbors LP! Thanks for the nice memories....I have the CD version of that on my wishlist, but so far haven't pulled the trigger.
 
I have the Thelma Houston "Pressure Cooker" and several other Sheffield Lab LP's. My favorite Sheffield Lab is "The Name is Makowicz" with original compositions from Jazz Pianist Adam Makowicz. Phil Woods Saxophone is "in the room" present on several tunes and the ensemble plays quite well - given the Pressure of a D2D recording session.
 
Just listened to a couple old direct discs this evening that I hadn't listened to in several years . WOW, I had forgotten how good they sounded !!! The first was a Charlie Byrd disc from '77 Titled "Charlie Byrd" . The second was the "Thelma Huston and Pressure Cooker" 1975 disc. The dynamics, transients, and vocals rival any CD I've heard and the drum solo on the Byrd album is incredible !!!
That Charlie Byrd album has the best-recorded drums I've ever heard.
 
I had to take Mrs R down to the listening room to hear "I've Got the Music in Me " !!! One of her all time favorites !! Brought back a lot of memories of our first house and her cleaning to that disk cranked up and entertaining the neighbors !!!
 
Back
Top Bottom