• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

70's Rock Stars at their parents houses..

Register to hide this ad
Very cool - thanks for posting!

Anyone notice the Ed Beardsley painting on the wall behind Frank Zappa? That was used for the album cover on Alice Cooper's first LP "Pretties For You" in 1969. It came out on the Bizarre/Straight division of WB records, hence the Zappa connection.
 
Last edited:
Anyone notice the Ed Beardsley painting on the wall behind Frank Zappa? That was used for the album cover on Alice Cooper's first LP "Pretties For You" in 1969. It came out on the Bizarre/Straight division of WB records, hence the Zappa connection.

I thought I recognized that!

Also notice that Zappa's parent's house looks the most old fashioned and traditional, unlike his music. Love it!
 
I've seen that picture of Zappa and his parents before. I have to say the decor in the Zappa's house clashes so horribly it begins to actually work. I would never think to match purple walls to a blue carpet. I think my favorite has to be David Crosby's father's house as I would definitely decorate like that today. Grace Slick's mother's house is not too bad either.

As far as Elton's parents house, didn't they use that wallpaper in the apartment in Clockwork Orange that Alex lived in with his parents?

I wonder what Ginger Baker was like as a kid. I'd imagine a holy terror as he is a pretty hateful adult. He was probably a spoiled brat from an over approving mother.

Ginger: F**k you, Mom
Ginger's Mom: Don't you just love how independent he is.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom