• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

7189 tube ID

bberkom

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I've been trying to find a matching tube for this Sylvania branded 7189 to use in my SE amp. I can't for the life of me find any other Sylvania 7189's that have this plate structure. It says made in USA, and it came in a Sylvania 7189 box. Any help appreciated.
PXL_20210424_182947626.jpg PXL_20210424_182958338.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I have some black plates like those, but the plate structure is different. It is not rounded but more trapezoidal. Looks similar to the old stock tung sols, but can't find a similar Sylvania. I can try to take a better photo later.
 
European Philips-Amperex designed & manufactured EL84 tubes were sometimes relabeled as US brand 7189 tubes, too.

Amperex-Philips 7189 (EL84).jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom