• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

8 track belt for a Electrophonic 76C Series?

Beatle_Scott

New Member
Hello, I'm new here, hope I'm posting this in the right area. I just bought a 1971 Electrophonic 76C series stereo, turntable, 8-track cabinet stereo system. Found this gem at a local antique shop, looked to be in perfect condition, had to grab it for $150. Everything works great on it except for the 8-track player. I have to hold the 8-track in and pull it back a little bit in order for it to play. So I figured I'd open up the 8-track player to look and see what was going on and to me it looks like the rubber band was worn and stretched. My question is where do I find this type of rubber band for the 8-track player? What size do I need? I looked online but I'm not too educated with any of this. Maybe somebody here could help me. Here are some photos of the system. Thank you very much in advance. Its a Electrophonic 76C Series.
 

Attachments

  • received_553461612765156.jpeg
    received_553461612765156.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 29
  • received_137527075175043.jpeg
    received_137527075175043.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 29
  • received_787118241958861.jpeg
    received_787118241958861.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 28
  • received_1458319007857348.jpeg
    received_1458319007857348.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 27
  • received_2621352538172594.jpeg
    received_2621352538172594.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 28
  • received_340841454199316.jpeg
    received_340841454199316.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 28
  • received_4098794773546216.jpeg
    received_4098794773546216.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 27
  • received_350341276595747.jpeg
    received_350341276595747.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 26
  • received_504095154013169.jpeg
    received_504095154013169.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 29
  • received_1428193727559226.jpeg
    received_1428193727559226.jpeg
    64.5 KB · Views: 26
Register to hide this ad
Electrophonic (and other console/compact system manufacturers) generally didn't make their own transports (e.g. 8-track, cassette, turntable) but instead purchased them from OEMs. If you can find the manufacturer of the 8 track portion that might lead you to the answer. I see that the motor has a Matsushita (Panasonic) stamp on it, so it's possible that the whole transport was made by Matsushita. Or maybe not. The chassis is stamped T12 so that could be the model of the player.

Or as @Spitfirejoe just try to measure the existing belt.
 
Oh! It is an old record player, and it is hard to find details for it. I bought one of these record players in my collection two years ago and after it broke up, I was searching for a month for the necessary details. You can try searching for the eight track belt eBay. If you are lucky enough you can find an original detail fro this record player. Also, you an visit a local music shop. They usually have record players on sell, so maybe they can recommend you a modern analog of a eight track belt for the Electrophonic 76C.
 
Last edited:
Buy a bulk, misc., bag of square belts off of Amazon ($4). Go slightly shorter length since yours is most likely stretched over the years.
 
Back
Top Bottom