• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

9090db tuner noise

rgphila

New Member
I have a 9090db that is making a soft buzz with the volume turned all the way down. I can hear it wearing headphones while listening to fm. The buzz starts when the stereo light comes on when a station is tuned in . In between stations, there is no noise. The receiver has been recapped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Turn off the fluorescent lights or anything plugged into the same electrical circuit. You may be getting interference from outside. Also try it with the FM muting off. You will probably hear it between stations then.

- Pete
 
I tried all that. I only hear the noise when the stereo light comes on. Could it be a bad ground to the tuner? Luckily, the other inputs are quiet.
 
The tuner is grounded in multiple places so a bad ground is unlikely. Don't know what to tell you.

- Pete
 
???

Has the tuner been fully recapped? Some skip the tuner. FM, (Fin magic) comes in differently by the time of day. Are you within 30 miles of the station? Good antenna? Many possibilities involved here. Could be normal
 
I found the problem. A trace on board2654 was cracked where number 5 on volume control connects to it. I guess thats why the left channel dodn't sound right. :music::thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom