• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

9600 input lamps polarized?

Dearslayer

Super Member
I'm replacing all the lamps in this 9600 and I've done the meter and dial lights and I just started the indicator lamps. I got these lamps from David ( Dojo ) I installed the first input lamp and I wanted to try it to see if it worked before proceeding with the others ( I have all the others removed from the board ) and the 4amp fuse blew! Was it installed backwards for the fuse to blow?
 
Register to hide this ad
Were the original lamps working? The lamp mounting on this board is one of the simplest designs, hard to screw it up.

Incandescent or LED?

Did you short something when you had the board out? Maybe on a board behind/below it?

1790640637706.png



1790641700735.png
 
Last edited:
I must have shorted out one of the wires from the new LED's when I threaded it back down into the silicone rubber boot. I think when I pushed it back onto the pins on the board, the pin must have pushed the wire over inside the boot and shorted it. I got replacement LED's and the wire leads are much thicker than the wire on the original lamps. takes forever to bend them at just the right radius to return the lead back into the boot. Finally got them all installed and all are working now. Most of the old ones were out. Thanks for the reply kwayde.
 
Back
Top Bottom