• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A-70 stereo amplifier help?

Stink Bear

Active Member
I picked up an amplifier yesterday. It looks like there was more than one A-70, this is the early 80's stereo amplifier model.
Anyway, no output, no peak power indication, no sound from headphone jack. I haven't done much with it yet.
I have done a visual inspection with the cover off, no noticeable burnt components. I checked the 3 fuses I found, they were good.
I powered it up on a DBT, it seems to me to be drawing more power than it should (compared to older lower power receivers).
It seems it's not coming out of protection mode.
I downloaded the service manual and did just a little looking at it. It appears that the protection circuit is on the speaker select PCB, can anyone verify that?
I'm not a tech by any stretch of the imagination but I have done some troubleshooting and repair on some older receivers, I do know a little bit.
Any suggestions / help would be appreciated.
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20180823_105614596[1].jpg
    IMG_20180823_105614596[1].jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 9
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom