• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A 78 stylus for a Shure M7D

62vauxhall

Addicted Member
Will a 78 RPM stylus for a Shure M3D fit an M7D?

I suspect it would but an old Shure "document" I read online stated that M3D styli and M7D styli were not interchangeable.

When I got this M7D last year, Voice of Music had a 78 stylus for it but it's now out of stock according to the website. I thought they'd be around for a while. There is one on the turntableneedles.com site but I'm not keen on buying from them because I was not happy the one and only time I purchased there.

A vendor in The Netherlands has a Tonar for the M3D but am leery about ordering unless I know for sure it will fit an M7D.
 
Register to hide this ad
Shure did make a 78 stylus for their M21D cartridge- the N25D. It will also work on your M7D- as Shure also made a light tracking version of yours that was designated as the M7/N21D. Unfortunately the N25D is quite rare and will likely be costly if one can be found.
 
It took several days for a response, but I heard back from that Netherlands vendor. It said the Tonar 78 RPM stylus described for an M3D is compatible with an M7D. Expensive enough at $50 CAD.
 
Back
Top Bottom