• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Finally I decided to experience the old stuff and the troubles /diy that might go with it
I found a Technics SU-V78, rated 100w/ch for cheap.
I know it's not top quality, but that ok since I don't want to risk messing with an expansive one.

Does anyone have the service manual for the SU-V78? I didn't find it

You did good, IMO. Technics stuff gets a bad rap sometimes because it looks a little chintzy but I've had only good experience with Technics gear.
 
That Technics is actually a pretty decent little amp. I used one for a bit with a pair of Dayton B652's and a small sub- surprisingly good!
 
Hey guys my SU-V78 has a weird behavior;


My left speaker is louder than the right, and the lower the volume is, the worse the difference is between the two.


It doesn't seem to be a balance issue, has when I switch from one another the it just confirms what I explained before; the right speaker doesn't get to the same loudness as the right.


It seems like something is off in my volume control, because my weak speaker went better after I played a bit with the volume knob


Have anyone seen this before? What would you do?

I've already done a pot cleaning a week ago (but no lubricant).

Thanks!
 
Hey guys my SU-V78 has a weird behavior;


My left speaker is louder than the right, and the lower the volume is, the worse the difference is between the two.


It doesn't seem to be a balance issue, has when I switch from one another the it just confirms what I explained before; the right speaker doesn't get to the same loudness as the right.


It seems like something is off in my volume control, because my weak speaker went better after I played a bit with the volume knob


Have anyone seen this before? What would you do?

I've already done a pot cleaning a week ago (but no lubricant).

Thanks!
Sometimes they need to be cleaned again. Deoxit and work the control through its full range 30 to 50 times or more while the deoxit is still wet. Same for balance, volume, tone and any muting switches
 
Back
Top Bottom