My first exposure to ADS were a pair of L810's that I saw advertised for sale on a local KSL classified. Hadn't ever heard of ADS before so I used the internet "AK" to see what people thought of them. After reading many positive reviews, I decided to go ahead a buy them. Sure glade I did! The guy I bought them from was actually trying to talk me out of getting them and buying some other speakers. This guy had a basement full of audio gear. I think he was in a money pinch or maybe his wife told him "me or the gear"! Anyway, he gave in and sold me the L810's seeing how he couldn't get me to change my mind.
Not too long after this, and having been exposed to the ADS sound, I ended up buying a pair of L1090's. While I have better sounding speakers at my disposal I still enjoy listening to them. I actually recently reinstalled the L810's in the living room system after having them in storage for about 5yrs. I had my Yamaha NS-1000m's, Sonus Faber's, and some ESS AMT 1a rotating in and out of that system for some time. Totally different speakers, but all very satisfying with their presentation.
Not only do the ADS sound fantastic, the L810's look very nice. I have the later models with the radiused corners and metal grills. They are in very good condition. The L1090's, while they sound great, they are just painted black and aren't much to look at. I do like their small foot print though.
So, another happy ADS user on AK!