• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A/D/S Super Score!

Emmbee

Well-Known Member
Wow! What luck! I answered a CL ad for ADS L-710's for only $100. Being a hopeless bargainer, I offered him $75 and he said come get 'em. Well I get there and they are absolutely mint with just a little water ring haze on top (completely fixable). I get home and hook them up. I'm attaching the speaker wire when I see the model #. It says L-810! I check the other speaker and it's a match! The sound is incredibly good. My previous favs, a set of Burhoe Blues, sound positively plain next to them. Happy Happy Joy Joy!
 
Register to hide this ad
Ya done good! :thmbsp: Metal or fabric grills? Did he have the stands too? ;)

Enjoy and throw up some pics when you can.

Dave
 
Super, fashion a bargain and get an upgrade in the process, Woot!

Of course, now you have to give us the proof:

:worthless: heh!~:thmbsp:
 
you could be arrested for theft !!! i've got braun 710's many smaller ADS's and my main L1230's . truley amazing speakers .

now you can work on the rest of your system without wondering if it's your speakers that are holding it back :)

cheers Woody
 
Nice, Would love to try a pair someday.

We absolutely need pics.....there should be a rule here stating excellent scores require pics !! :D
 
The speakers have cloth cloth grills. They just sound great!
I can't wait to get my refurbed and recapped BGW 750A Amp back tomorrow
and hear them through that! (Thanks Dave!) A new Denon DL-160 cart is coming in the mail for my Empire 598 III turntable and a new Carver C-1 preamp coming in the mail as well. Life is good!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1314.jpg
    IMG_1314.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1315.jpg
    IMG_1315.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 41
The speakers have cloth cloth grills. They just sound great!
I can't wait to get my refurbed and recapped BGW 750A Amp back tomorrow
and hear them through that! (Thanks Dave!) A new Denon DL-160 cart is coming in the mail for my Empire 598 III turntable and a new Carver C-1 preamp coming in the mail as well. Life is good!

I used to run a BGW 750a and C-1 combo on a set of Koss stats. I loved that amp to death. My guess is pretty soon down the road you will change out that pre. You will see what I mean. Everything you have there is a cut above. But not a bad pre at all for what you can get them for.
 
Regarding the Carver. I got sick of looking for something I wanted and could afford. The Carver seemed ok for the price until I found something better. It's black metal face will at least match the BGW. I will have some extra $$$ when I sell the Burhoes and possibly my Sansui G-8000. Recommendations?
 
Congrts on your new ADS spkrs. Pop your head outside every once in awhile so people wont think you ve gone missing. Enjoy!!!!:banana::thmbsp:
 
A/D/S are really special to me. I've gotten lucky twice, L400 and L420. I'd love to get larger but I consider myself very lucky as they both sound simply amazing. If I didn't have many amazing speaks they'd be my faves. I listen to them ALOT as it is, and their main competition here are my Klipsch Fortes and klipsch kg2's. Those are simply stunning-sounding. Anyone not lucky enough to score some will definitely be trying, they have a great rep for brilliant sound, and anyone not able to hear them will never know what they're missing! Shame!
 
Back
Top Bottom