Mywifepissed,
Are you talking about the black caps (two above the woofers and two below) on the middle vertical side piece? If so, I believe those are just plugs to cover screw holes. Anyway, both of my sets have them as well, as do several of the pictures on the Infinity Classics site.
Interestingly, the Infinity advertising photo does not show them - I had never noticed that before. I imagine they went from matching wood plugs to contrasting plugs, although I suppose it is possible they changed the internal layout of the speaker and that required the new set of screws.
Nice catch, there, I'd never even noticed it before.
David
Are you talking about the black caps (two above the woofers and two below) on the middle vertical side piece? If so, I believe those are just plugs to cover screw holes. Anyway, both of my sets have them as well, as do several of the pictures on the Infinity Classics site.
Interestingly, the Infinity advertising photo does not show them - I had never noticed that before. I imagine they went from matching wood plugs to contrasting plugs, although I suppose it is possible they changed the internal layout of the speaker and that required the new set of screws.
Nice catch, there, I'd never even noticed it before.
David