• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A dilemma PSB CS180 vs Paradigm 9se MkII

otters

New Member
So a little over a week ago I retired a pair of Paradigm Monitor 5 floor standers when I scored a set of PSB CS180s. The Paradigms weren't up to the task when it was time to rock out. The PSBs have amazed me as a newbie to "better sound".

But.... now the same seller has a set of Paradigm 9se MkII. Those dual drivers have caught my eye.

Seller says they provide better low frequency response, but as someone else has said, the CS180s will both knock me over AND handle low volume listening just fine.

But... what if the 9Se sound better? What if?

My wife says I'm teetering on the edge of chasing better sound.

Your thoughts?
 
Register to hide this ad
Paradigms might be able to play louder and they're a wee bit more efficient but the PSB's look to have a bit better bottom end extension. The 9se MK-II will probably sound similar to to the Monitor 5 but with more bass. If loud thumpy bass is your main priority then try the 9se's.... If not I'd pass.

The Paradigms SE series was their entry level lineup, the Monitor line was there mid level line and the Studio was their top line of that era.
 
Paradigms might be able to play louder and they're a wee bit more efficient but the PSB's look to have a bit better bottom end extension. The 9se MK-II will probably sound similar to to the Monitor 5 but with more bass. If loud thumpy bass is your main priority then try the 9se's.... If not I'd pass.

The Paradigms SE series was their entry level lineup, the Monitor line was there mid level line and the Studio was their top line of that era.


Interesting. I'm rocking out to Another Brick in the Wall Part II live right now and the PSBs are putting out punchy, not boomy bass. Might just very well stick to what i have.
 
I would get the paradigms and then after a couple of months of listening and comparing keep the pair that you like the best.
Or keep both and have a variety I have a lot of variety and it's nice depending on my mood what I want to hear and from what speaker
 
I would get the paradigms and then after a couple of months of listening and comparing keep the pair that you like the best.
Or keep both and have a variety I have a lot of variety and it's nice depending on my mood what I want to hear and from what speaker
It's a good idea. And then something nicer than the paradigms will come along. ooohhh shiny. I wonder if they'll sound better...

And I'll be one step closer to being a hoarder.

Well, the wife's on board.

Stay tuned.
 
It's a good idea. And then something nicer than the paradigms will come along. ooohhh shiny. I wonder if they'll sound better...

And I'll be one step closer to being a hoarder.

Well, the wife's on board.

Stay tuned.
IMG_20190304_141009136.jpg

Variety is fun two more pictures to follow next post
 
Back
Top Bottom