• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

A DIY Opportunity???? Anyone?????

jocko_nc

Super Member
These came up in a Speakers thread...

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=309-402

What an opportunity for a low-cost DIY diversion. It certainly is cheap. Recycling is good. How much top bet two of these in a DIY could blow a $1000.00+ Bose out of the room?

COPIED FROM SPEAKERS*********

Hmmmm... I see this as a challenge!!!!

All DIY take notice:

Design a tweeter and mid structure that can mount to these things to create a three-way design with dual enclosures. Perhaps make them look like a Nautilus shell, like an El-Cheapo B & W knock-off.

Crossover and binding posts on the plate amp hole.
Jumpers up to the mid and tweeter assembly.
Low cost.
Good looks.
May the best design win.

On the other hand, my wife will ABSOLUTELY KILL ME if I bring these things home...

jocko
 
Register to hide this ad
I think I will pass on this one.

I recently found a guy selling Miller and Kriesel full range drivers dirt cheap so 8 of them are on the way.

What am I going to do with them? I don't know but I'd better come up with an answer before they get here and my wife asks!
 
I bought one of those and a Dayton 70 watt plate amp.
I had to cut the cab a little and make a collar to fit the plate amp....still, no big deal.
I gave it to my daughter to use with her little Mission 761i speakers.
Not too bad for an 8" sub!?

Steve
 
I'd love to but I've got projects stacked up to my ears as it is. However if somebody wants to send me the parts I'll add it to the list. :D

Ray
 
Back
Top Bottom